What is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty surgery is the process of reshaping the nose by altering bone and cartilage structure. Preferred by persons who are not satisfied with the form of their noses due to genetic or environmental factors, rhinoplasty provides successful, permanent and aesthetic results and does not pose any health risks.
What to know about rhinoplasty surgery;
- Give up smoking and alcohol at least one week before the surgery
- Give up blood thinner medicines at least one week before the surgery
- The physician must be informed before hand about medicines that must be regularly used
- Do not eat after 12 at night one day before the surgery, make sure you are hungry when you get to hospital.
- Rhinoplasty surgery takes nearly 3 hours.
- No pain is felt since the surgery is performed under general anesthesia.
- The person will stay at the hospital only for 1 night after the surgery.
- The person can continue their social life 3 days after the surgery, and to work one week later.
- Tampons (if any) are removed on the next day, and splints are removed on the fifth day.
- Avoid heavy exercises and sports that may cause impact to face for the first month after the surgery.
- Do not put on glasses for 6 months after the surgery.
- The nose takes its final form on the sixth month at the earliest.