What is breast reduction?
Breast reduction surgery is the process of reducing the beast size by removing some of the glands and fats inside the breast as well as some of skin if the breast tissue is larger than the desired size. Preferred by women who are not physiologically and/or psychologically comfortable with the size of their breasts breast reduction surgery does not pose any health risks. Thanks to this surgery which provides quite successful, permanent and aesthetic results, lifting and symmetry is also ensured in addition to reduction.
What to know about breast reduction surgery:
- Give up smoking and alcohol at least one week before the surgery.
- Give up blood thinner medicines at least one week before the surgery.
- The physician must be informed beforehand about medicines that must be regularly used.
- Do not eat after 12 at night one day before the surgery, make sure you are hungry when you get to the hospital.
- No pain is felt since the surgery is performed under general anesthesia.
- The person will stay at the hospital only for 1 night after the surgery.
- The person can continue their social life 3 days after the surgery, and to work one week later.
- Bandages on breasts are removed completely one week later.
- The person can take a shower one week after the surgery.
- Avoid heavy exercises for the first month after the surgery.
- The person must use a sports bra conforming to her body type after the surgery.
- The person must use antibiotics for 1 week after the surgery in order to avoid infection risk.
- It might take 6 months to 1 year for the breasts to take their final form.