What is abdominoplasty?
Abdominoplasty surgery is the process of the removing the deformation on abdomen area due to pregnancy and weight loss/gain. Particularly preferred by women who are not comfortable with stretches and sags on abdomen area after pregnancy, abdominoplasty does not pose any health risks. Thanks to this surgery which provides quite successful, permanent and aesthetic results, not only the sags are removed, bur also stretches and excessive fat is also removed and abdomen wall regain its old, tight form.
What to know about abdominoplasty surgery:
- Give up smoking and alcohol at least one week before the surgery.
- Give up blood thinner medicines at least one week before the surgery.
- The physician must be informed beforehand about medicines that must be regularly used.
- Do not eat after 12 at night one day before the surgery, make sure you are hungry when you get to the hospital.
- Abdominoplasty surgery takes nearly 3 hours. -No pain is felt since the surgery is performed under general anesthesia.
- The person will stay at the hospital for 1 or 2 night(S) after the surgery.
- The person can take a shower 5 days after the surgery.
- Approximately 1 week of rest is recommended after the surgery in order to not to force the stitches.
- The person can continue their work life one week after the surgery.
- Avoid heavy exercises for the first month after the surgery.
- Corset must be worn for 4-6 weeks after the surgery (this period may be extended based on healing process).
- Avoid lifting heavy loads for 4-6 weeks after the surgery.